Sunday 18 September 2016

THE FIVE STAGES OF DYING


Lazy salesxpert Julie SulterIn her model 'The five stages of dying' the Swiss psychiatrist Elisabeth Kubler-Ross (1926 to 2004) described the process a person goes through after being told that that dying. 

Denial: I'm fine. The dying person represses a diagnosis, she looks for another doctor in hope of getting a better diagnosis. 
Anger: Why me. The dying person directs her rage at everyone who's able to continue living, relatives and carers. 
Bargaining: I would give anything to live another year. The dying person accepts. her impending health but begins to negotiate with doctors, with god with fate. She tries to buy time. 
Depression: I'm going to die, nothing matters anymore. The dying person becomes disconnected refuses visitors. Psychologically speaking this phase allows her to take leave from people she loves. Acceptance: I cant fight it, I might as well prepare myself for it. The dying person comes to terms with her mortality. 
What is going to be your best memory on earth?. What one moment for you defines what its like to be alive on this planet?

Douglas Coupland generation X.....

No comments:

Post a Comment